Game Designer – Monetization – Full Time
After our recent successful launch on Oculus Quest, we’re looking to grow the team! With a big focus on growing A Township Tale, we need a talented Monetization Designer to lead the development of monetization systems.
About the team
Alta is a fully remote Virtual Reality startup that is based in Sydney, Australia. Since 2016 we have worked on the multiplayer game A Township Tale and have grown from the 3 founding members to over two dozen passionate developers. At Alta, each team member is committed to our overall mission in developing a ground-breaking VR experience for players worldwide.
We are a very tight-knit team, and finding new members who are a great fit is just as important to us as finding the right skillset.
What you’ll be doing
- Design sustainable real-world monetization systems that can link into RPG-style gameplay
- Promote a holistic monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in-game revenue, while respecting the player experience (non-predatory monetization design)
- Work with design, production and business teams to manage content and pricing for all MTX/in-game purchasable content
- Work with design to tune the in-game economy to sync with the monetization system
- Complete thorough competitive analysis on all emerging Free 2 Play and current/upcoming monetization trends
- Be the main conduit for key performance indicators (KPIs) related to acquisition, retention and monetization, analyze KPI reports and share information with production teams to identify and predict trends
- Analyze the impact of changes in the game, identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on monetization
The skills you will need
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- Have worked on multiple shipped projects
- Strong Mathematical background
Additional skills that would make you shine
- Experience developing VR games/experiences
- Experience working on GaaS games
- Systems design experience
- Experience with industry-standard design tools
- Love of RPGs
If you are looking to start your journey at a company at the forefront of exciting new technology, this job is for you. At Alta you will see the impact you make daily and have a chance to be part of a company that is growing rapidly. We offer a competitive salary and a work environment where your actions can make a real impact.
Get in touch